More and more people in the UK are discovering the benefits of chemical skin peels. This year, 2% more chemical peel procedures were performed than last year and the numbers for surgical procedures that produce similar results are a lot lower. If you can improve the appearance of your skin without going under the knife and enduring the lengthy recovery period that will entail, not to mention the scars, wouldn’t you opt for the non-invasive method?
Chemical peels work by exfoliating the problem surface layer of your skin in order to reveal fresher smoother, less blemished skin tissue underneath. During the procedure, a special formula is painted onto your skin to cause the safe peeling off of the outer layer. This treatment will be performed by one of our highly experienced Mayfair practitioners. Following treatment, your skin should be brighter and revitalised, with the problem areas removed. Here are 9 things one of our Harley street chemical peels could do for you:
- Lighten pigmentation: Want a more even skin tone, due to a genetic condition, or sun overexposure? A peel could give you a more even skin tone.
- Brighten your skin: Every day we’re exposed to the dirt and grime of city living and this naturally has an effect on our skin. Think of a peel as a very thorough cleansing. Your fresh skin will glow in a more youthful way following the procedure.
- Smooth out rough skin patches: Your skin contour could be smooth all over your face if you choose to have a chemical peel.
- Remove blemishes and acne: Some chemical peel solutions will remove your acne and unsightly blemishes, giving you clearer skin and potentially removing the dirt from your pores that leads to outbreaks.
- Diminish fine lines and wrinkles: Combat signs of ageing with one of our anti ageing peels. It will reduce the appearance of age related lines and wrinkles.
- Boost your collagen and elastin production: Our skin tends to lose its elasticity as we age. By stimulating collagen and elastin production as a peel will do, you’ll give your skin back some of its natural stretching qualities.
- Improve sun damage: Overactive melanin production caused by overexposure to the sun can result in unwanted freckles and age spots. These can be prematurely ageing, but a chemical peel should make them less prominent.
- Large pores: Do you suffer from unsightly large pores? A peel can help.
- Scars: Surface scars can be peeled away to reveal unblemished scar free skin underneath.
In order to determine the depth of the chemical peel you’ll need, please give our Mayfair based clinic on Harley Street a call to book your consultation. Our practitioners will be able to advise you as to the most appropriate type of chemical peel for your skin.