Wrinkles are lines in our faces that begin to appear in our 30s and become more prominent as we get older. They commonly occur as a result of years of making repeated expressions; whether that expression is frowning, laughing or smiling.
Have you noticed lines on your face becoming more prominent recently? Perhaps you think your lips are getting thinner? That may be the case. Let’s take a look at some of the signs that indicate you would benefit from a wrinkle filler rejuvenation:
- Your nasolabial lines, which are the lines that stretch from your nostrils down to the corners of your mouth, appears to have become deeper.
- You’re beginning to develop marionette lines. These are the lines that stretch from the corners of your mouth to your chin.
- You’ve noticed your facial skin tone isn’t as even as it once was. It’s darker under your eyes, even when you’ve had a good night’s sleep.
- Skin around your cheekbones and temples may appear to have lost volume.
- Lipstick lines around the lips begin to appear and your lips themselves have begun to get thinner.
Why do wrinkles occur and how do wrinkle fillers help?
Collagen and elastin keeps our skin looking youthfully plump. When our levels of these key skin protectors begin to decrease in our late 20s, signs of ageing can occur. These include the onset of facial lines and hollow areas.
Dermal fillers contain hyaluronic acid which cushions the skin from underneath when it soaks up water, giving you plumper skin and a more youthful look. They are injected under the skin in the areas where they are needed. The results are almost instant. You may notice a change in your appearance as soon as the treatment is over.
If you’ve noticed a few facial lines appearing, perhaps you’ve spent a long while browsing the anti-ageing creams in the pharmacy looking for a product that makes wrinkles less visible? If you try using over-the-counter face creams, no matter what eye-watering price you’ve paid for it, there’s only so much a cream can do and you’ll need it in quantity to reveal any benefits.
The reason for such subtle results is the lack of active ingredients. Face creams can be sold to anybody with the right money in their pocket and do not need to be administered by a facial aesthetics practitioner. The only way you can be sure a difference can be made to your looks is by coming to visit our team of experts here at the L’atelier Aesthetics clinic in Harley Street. Our wrinkle fillers will give you a naturally rejuvenated look.